Tripods?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by LeGaston, Mar 20, 2009.

1. LeGaston

LeGaston TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have been scoping out on the internet for a new tripod. My tripod is starting to rust out do to humidity where i live and take alot of my photos at. I am looking more for a composite one and just want to get some info on what you guys are using and just take some suggestions.

2. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have two carbon fiber tripods. The manfrotto 055MF3 is a good all around unit!

3. LeGaston

LeGaston TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ahh carbon, i have seen alot of these, but what prices would i be looking at?

4. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    It would have been good to know what you were wanting to spend. Of the 4 tripods I own, two are Manfrotto's and two are Gitzo's. The Manfrottos see the majority of the duty. One is a 3021BPro which is my general duty tripod. The other is an 058B for the studio.

When I needed speciality/composit tripods I looked at the Manfrottos and others and decided to go withGitzo. A Carbon fiber GT5541LS to support a Wimberely II head and big glass and a GT2932 Basalt for hiking with.

If you are truely after a composit like Carbon Fiber I would suggest you look at the Manfrottos big brother Gitzo. More expensive but best composite legs you will ever come across.

6. LeGaston

LeGaston TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for the input, when i get back stateside i will begin to look for them. Will be looking to get one in 2weeks or less. But I am looking at spending any where from 200-450 USD maybe in the mid 500usd. But I will scope around what you guys listed.