Triptych Fun C&C (BESP)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Natural_Disaster, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Natural_Disaster

Natural_Disaster TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nikon D5000
    1/4000
    ISO 250

Not sure the borders work here, with the various spaces between each one....and i dont like how the shoes and hands are so close to the edges, but after cropping and sizing and bordering many times i decided to go ahead and go with this one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. DerekSalem

DerekSalem TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Picture really doesn't need to be framed like that...but I assume you meant Nikon D5000?

3. Natural_Disaster

Photos OK to edit
    HAHAHA...I fixed it!
    I was playing with hubbys Canon earlier today...
    (Sighs) its been a rough week!

4. bazooka

bazooka No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Chronological I see. :)

I think this one missed for me.... the lighting is very harsh and it looks a little too sharpened. I've been reading books about how to capture emotion and I'm afraid this one doesn't do it.... I think being able to see some facial expression here would go a long way. I also agree that the border isn't helping much, or at least how the shots are aligned inside it.

5. mrpink

mrpink No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    The fence in the background is not helping things either.

p!nK

6. iBats

iBats TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    framing is pretty bad imo, and the subject is rather boring

7. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm sorry N_D, the framing on this is horrible. Technically this is a collage, rather than a triptych.

That said, you have a great concept here. I think you aranged it the way you did, so that the girls direction of motion, and her arms as leading lines, lead you to the next image, and that the angle of her legs lead you to the next image. This is also the chronolagical order of the cartwheel. Cartwheel and compostion moving in a clockwise fashion. You also chose to line up the yellow line in the background, disregarding image placement. Did I guess right? When I first viewed it, I went top image, bottom left then bottom right, and I went back through and noticed the images weren't chronoligical. This made me look close to try to figure out what you were going for.

There is a lot you could do with this, carefully playing with the yellow line, either maintaining it across all three images, or changing your shooting angle to put it in different places within the image breaking up that strong horizontal line.

Remember to pay attention to your backgrounds. While I think you could work that line, I mostly find it distracting.

8. Natural_Disaster

Photos OK to edit
    They were actually suppose to be in order..I goofed and didnt even catch it!!!!
    I tried another one (below)
    But i accidently got took a shot from a different series and put it in there. You can tell by the shirt not being down in the middle one..I had about 25 images open at the same time...(note to self to be more organized)
    Also, in this one...i dont like that i missed the line up of the fence on the last one....
    [​IMG]

I had a really rough week...The shot was what i had planned from the begining, but i was rushed to get a bunch of shots and get home to put them together. I have some shots where you can see her face, but her face turned out dark and shadowed. I should have stood on the other side i think. I was going for something different with the borders in the first one hoping it wouldnt be too boring..but i agree..its not working.

9. Bitter Jeweler

Photos OK to edit
    I like that MUCH better. :)

What was the rush, you had till Monday.

Heh, the shirt. The fence line was close enough that I didn't notice it, but yeah.

10. Natural_Disaster

Photos OK to edit
    My mom has been in the hospital since Wednesday due to a heart attack, and she is being sent to another hospital in the morning to have another stint put in so i been with her most of the time and will be with her all day tomorrow. And when i wasnt with her, my sister was staying with her so i had three of my sisters kids..plus my three...
    As i said..rough week....

Maybe i should start going with my first results...I seem to get better feedback with them!!! ;)

11. Bitter Jeweler

Photos OK to edit
    I appreciate your conviction to "class", but geez Misty, take care of your momma!
    Sorry to hear, and I wish her a speedy recovery. Take all the time you need.

12. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the B&W series much better. You might consider taking it a step further and giving them all a square crop. Not sure if it would work though - the middle one doesn't look like it has much room for cropping.

Just my idea... I think it would be cool, but it might not be possible.

I would try to make the top of the fence even in all of them though.

(OK, I see you already noticed the fence thing - I typed that before reading anything in the thread.)

Hope your mom gets better soon.