Trixie & Kauna

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Welcome! Shot these a few years ago. What do you think of tighter cropped? I'm not the fan of it.

_MG_1773.jpg

_MG_1782.jpg

_MG_1845.jpg

_MG_1862.jpg

_MG_1867.jpg

_MG_1874.jpg

Last edited:
Cropping is fine, the lighting needs work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

First and foremost, the WB seems a bit off. These all seem to have a slight yellow cast to me. The lighting in these works, but I don't find it overly exciting. I think some grids and flags to control spill would have helped a lot. To be honest, these look like you just threw up enough to get your exposure at whatever point you metered, and to heck with the spill.

You also need to pay a LOT more attention to your posing and surroundings. The black dog is only looking at you in one of the images. The chesterfield might a good spot to pose the dogs, but try and avoid showing quite so much of that sweet 80s textured drywall finish! Shooting from the other direction and controlling your light would have accomplished this.

Lastly, don't forget the details. The arm of hte chesterfield camera left looks like it has seen service as a scratching post; make sure stuff like that is corrected!

First and foremost, the WB seems a bit off. These all seem to have a slight yellow cast to me. The lighting in these works, but I don't find it overly exciting. I think some grids and flags to control spill would have helped a lot. To be honest, these look like you just threw up enough to get your exposure at whatever point you metered, and to heck with the spill.

You also need to pay a LOT more attention to your posing and surroundings. The black dog is only looking at you in one of the images. The chesterfield might a good spot to pose the dogs, but try and avoid showing quite so much of that sweet 80s textured drywall finish! Shooting from the other direction and controlling your light would have accomplished this.

Lastly, don't forget the details. The arm of hte chesterfield camera left looks like it has seen service as a scratching post; make sure stuff like that is corrected!

Thx, I'll do better next time!

Most reactions

Back