Trouble with my memory card!

photogenetic19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I recently purchased a like-new Rebel XSi, and it came with a memory card but it's saying the memory card is full even though there are no files on it. I formatted the card and erased all the images however it's still saying the card is full. Any ideas on what's going on?

Have you tried connecting the card to the computer (via the camera or a card reader) and checking to see what, if any, other types of files may be on there?

Did you format the card in the camera or on a computer? Most manuals will say to do it in the camera.

Yes I formatted in the camera, and yes I hooked it up to the computer and it says no files are on there, but when I try to take a photo it won't let me because it says the camera is full.

I would just go get another card and start new. Sounds like that card is messed up. SD cards are fairly cheap.

I would take the memory card back to the place I bought it and ask them for a new one. I would also make sure it worked before I left the store. MY 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Sounds like the card is either not compatible or is broken. Not sure what camera you have but most manufactures have a list of compatible cards they suggest using. Try getting one of them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back