oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Downhill sans guardrails
DSC_0979-Edit (1024x684).jpg

Oh wow, that would be pretty neat!

That actually looks a lot like the road I was on last weekend, when we went to my niece's wedding. Only that road is paved, and the one I was on--well, to even say it was "gravel" would be gracious. Someone had driven down it and spit a few pieces of gravel out on top of the dirt as they went. It was…harrowing. And we were in a minivan. But I only actually believed we were gonna die twice. :D

There is a road very similar to that on US route 16A in SoDak.

I was going down a stretch just like that when a freak hail storm hit. 4 inches of hailstones makes that type of driving very interesting.

That actually looks a lot like the road I was on last weekend, when we went to my niece's wedding. Only that road is paved, and the one I was on--well, to even say it was "gravel" would be gracious. Someone had driven down it and spit a few pieces of gravel out on top of the dirt as they went. It was…harrowing. And we were in a minivan. But I only actually believed we were gonna die twice. :D

Did you notice by chance, that the name of the road is "Prayer Road"?

Called rattle hill, cause you here knees knocking, going down it in the winter.

I like road photos. Nice to see one posted usually they seemed to be overlooked as not good enough photography subjects.
Those little pathways us men have laid down through the trees and rocks are pretty neat though.

Ed, I like how you've placed the focus in the foreground, allowing the middle and background to recede into a blur - it has the effect of lengthening the road and emphasizing its curviness at the same time. Something to learn from, right here. When I shoot this type of shot, I usually try to get everything in focus from foreground to background, and looking at your image, I'm seeing that's not always the best treatment. Less can be more, in the right hands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back