Trying for a comercial feel.

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by mpdc, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

I was thinking my backdrop should be darker. However what ya think.

2. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

Well and a golden eye will catch one more problem. Anyways.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Firstly, it I don't think that's Crown Royal that is being poured into the CR glass. :D

The background could be darker but I don't find it too distracting. The blown highlights kill it for me...and they highlights are yellow. Also, it's tilted a bit.

Other than that, it's pretty good. Makes me want to get some Crown & root-beer. :drool:

4. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

Good catch.

What is up with the dam tilt. Im using a tripod. thing looks even. but alas....

And you really dont like the blown out image. hmmm
    [​IMG]

Thats before the mod

5. MostlyDigital

MostlyDigital TPF Noob!

First thing I noticed, was the CR glass and whats bein poured into it didnt match, lol. Second, the glass is dirty. Put it through the dishwasher and dry with a soft rag. Yes the pic is tilted. And I actually like the first better than the second, but I agree its a lil too blown out. I like the placement of the bottle in the picture, however I dont like the glass at all. Your cutting too much of it out. Try a different angle. Or try including the glass.

Dark background wouldnt look to good for these pics I dont think. Try a dark backdrop, but stay away from black, maybe maroon? I really dont know. Please give us some more information. What your thought process is here. What do you see in your head? What are you shooting with? What kinda lighting are u using? Where is this, at home, at work? Can you reshoot? Got any more shots? :p I like it, you can work on this one

Food, glass, drinks, are freakin HARD to shoot. I've shot (tried) to shoot alot, and havent liked the results too much so far, but I'm still trying...

6. MostlyDigital

MostlyDigital TPF Noob!

Oh, looking it over again, the glass is out of focus. The first pic blows out the crown on the glass, but the second pic shows that its outta focus to begin with. Thats one thing right off the bat to fix.

7. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

It is at home. Was using lighting source under the glass. The bottle being poured into the glass is Bacardi 151. I shouldnt have missed the tilt. The glass is dirty although I cleaned the surface of the light I neglected to do the same with the glass. I think I will try a red backdrop next time. Thanks for the advice. SHould have it shot tonight and posted either tonight or tomarra.

8. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

Ok tried a new back drop. NO Mod on the photo. Used a level on the glass, and a lint free rag as well.
    [​IMG]

Or
    [​IMG]

9. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Huge improvement, especially in the focus on the glass. What it lacks for me is some sort of composition to keep my attention. The glass is pretty much dead center. Maybe try some different angles and placement of the glass. Or do a close up of the glass to fill the frame. Your background and exposure is much, much better on the second try!

10. MostlyDigital

MostlyDigital TPF Noob!

Agreed!

11. mpdc

mpdc TPF Noob!

Thank you. Even closer view of the glass?
    Hmmm will try...
    Got to wait until I start drinking again

12. NikonChick

NikonChick TPF Noob!

dito what others have said. the later images are better but I would suggest a faster shutter speed the be able to 'stop' the pouring. I dont want to buy blurry liquid. and hold off firing until the drink has cleared the logos on the glass. As for the lighting being from below, great idea. Its got potential.
    I like the first bkgd better. the red would be good if there was more graduation to it.
    keep trying though... its getting there. :D