Trying to identify a photography method? (Like a sequence of pics in one shot)

There are tons of complicated ways people do this, my easy way is:

Open up every frame in PS/Gimp

Open the second frame, copy the dude, paste it into the first first

open the third frame, copy the dude, paste into first frame

Open fourth frame, copy the dude, paste into first frame

And so on and so forth

Easy as copy and paste.

I'm sure there are easier ways someone can come up with. I've wanted to know how to do this also. BTW...you're probably gunna get s**t on for posting a pic instead of a link to the picture (even though we all know it's not yours...)

I just overlay each in ps, erase to reveal....boom.

sorry guys thanks for reminding me about the link. and i think the overlay each frame and then erase does sound the easiet. im a little confused about waht you exactly mean though. you mean to layer all the layers in photoshop, and then what do i erase?

Last edited:
I can't see the pic :O It says the bandwidth is exceeded. If you get up a working one (maybe it's just me), I could put in my 2c

sorry guys thanks for reminding me about the link. and i think the overlay each frame and then erase does sound the easiet. im a little confused about waht you exactly mean though. you mean to layer all the layers in photoshop, and then what do i erase?

Its the same method as how I did this demonstration picture.

Screenshot.jpg

Personally I prefer to use layer masks rather than erase when there are only a few stacked images because its non-distructive. Erasing, though, does produce smaller files and less load on system memory while editing.

I open all the images... Then as stated before, I copy all the photos into one file. Then start on the upper-most layer and start erasing everything but the consistent subject. Go to the next layer and work your way down.

Here's a sample:

p801597717-4.jpg

thanks now i understand how to do it!

And this has to be done with a tripod right? is there a way this can be done without one and still have the pics line up exactly?

thanks now i understand how to do it!

And this has to be done with a tripod right? is there a way this can be done without one and still have the pics line up exactly?

I've done both. Tripod and not. The skateboarder above was without. I didn't plan on doing these when I went to the demonstration so I didn't have it with me.

Like the poster above said, you can do it.... with a steady hand!

ok thanks guys very much. im gonna try it and let u know how it works out

Most reactions

Back