TURQUOISE WATER

SQUACKS said:
THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL!

PetersCreek: i got to fish the Kenai while there and it is a great river. I just may get up there again this year.

MR. BARLOW: I was at the lock and dam below Dubuque back in JAN. AND there were a lot of eagles concentrated there as the river was frozen across and the only open water was behind the dam. it makes for some great opportunities for good eagle photos!

as i mentioned, i have a friend close to there and get there a few times a year. he might provide ice conditions if that is of use to you. when you go, shoot me a line, it just may be that we are there on a same weekend.

luck!

sounds like a great plan!! I will definatly be very happy to meet you there! We stayed at the Days Inn., and ate in some nice restaurants., very nice town., but we sure need to plan our timing when we hit Chicago! 9 PM works well!

MR BARLOW:

I live just above Chicago right on the ill/wis border and can tell you for a fact that the only time to go near Chicago in from 10pm to about 4am. lol!
Although, that's when the road working crews are out!

Shoot me a line when you are planning a trip back to Iowa. I HAVE NEVER made a decent picture of a bald eagle in my life and i have tried a few times. the contrast between black and white in the eagles natural settings has been the issue. catching one against a clear blue sky might help! lol!

luck!

SQUACKS said:
MR BARLOW:

I live just above Chicago right on the ill/wis border and can tell you for a fact that the only time to go near Chicago in from 10pm to about 4am. lol!
Although, that's when the road working crews are out!

Shoot me a line when you are planning a trip back to Iowa. I HAVE NEVER made a decent picture of a bald eagle in my life and i have tried a few times. the contrast between black and white in the eagles natural settings has been the issue. catching one against a clear blue sky might help! lol!

luck!

As soon as that Mississippi frezzes almost solid, we are on our way! Probably Mid January., see you then!

Most reactions

Back