Twin excavators

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two old rusty excavators. Guess they have moved their last yards of earth.

Excavator 1.jpg

Used to call those Draglines in our part of the world. They were incredibly slow but in the hands of a good operator they did a great job cutting drainage ditches

Used to call those Draglines in our part of the world. They were incredibly slow but in the hands of a good operator they did a great job cutting drainage ditches

Thanks, I didn't know that.
I've redone the HDR processing as the first version is over cooked now that I look at it again this morning. LOL

Excavator.jpg

The blue sky looks good, but the cab looks slightly pink on my monitor and the grass not quite right. I suspect the cab should have been more of a rusty orange color???

Nearest one is a dragline (looks like a Northwestern), the farther one is an excavator proper, looks like a Bucyrus-Erie.

@tirediron good eye on the back one, didn't see it. Wasn't that what was referred to as a Power Shovel?

Nearest one is a dragline (looks like a Northwestern), the farther one is an excavator proper, looks like a Bucyrus-Erie.

You sure know your rusty iron tirediron. Here is the back of the near one.

Northwest Engineering.jpg

@tirediron good eye on the back one, didn't see it. Wasn't that what was referred to as a Power Shovel?
I think that's one of the very few non-hydraulic excavators (as in, with the bucket facing the cab),vice the power shovel which had the shovel facing away from the cab.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back