TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wasnt anything formal but i would like some c&c
Thanks

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Well, I have to say that in my opinion, these captures have some issues. C&C per req:
1. The smoke is very distracting. I think I know what you were trying for, but in this case it just looks rather like you have a smudged lens. As well the branch on the RH side could be cropped out.
2. A little diffuse fill lighting required, especially on the right side of the face.
3. I'm afraid this one does nothing for me. It doesn't really have a 'reason'. You can't see the individual's face, so there's no 'bad boy' look.
I think you've got some good ideas, but IMHO, the execution isn't quite there.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

Only the middle photo speaks to me in any way since there is "communication" between model and camera and consequently viewer.

However, and tirediron has said as much already, that second one would have been a lot better if some of that light from behind had reflected off something to shine back into his face, which is too dark now against the bright sky. Reflector or diffused fill light ... exactly.

The smoke in the first confused me a lot for some time, I thought, hang on, what is THAT? Lens flare? Dirt? Only tirediron's saying it it smoke make me realise that, indeed, it is smoke.
But putting that very distracting and confusing element aside, I am not too fond of the photo, since I feel it is not overly well composed. He looks towards the righthand corner, but he has equal space for his eyes to look into as well as behind himself, and I feel it would do any photo good - given there is a "direction of gaze" there - to give that "gaze" the necessary room.
And again, this photo (all three of them share this issue) would have needed some more light from the front to lighten up the shadows and make your model show better against the bright sky.

Most reactions

Back