Typical

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is a typical shot of the city by the bay. my first attempt at a pano stitched composite -4 photos.

sf-pano-mid by keips66, on Flickr
more A-typical shot to follow shortly...

Nice shot, good exposure. Is this from Treasure island? I would consider cutting off some negative space at the bottom so the horizon is about 1/3 down.

yep, treasure island. i didn't realize that so many people go here to see the city. i have another way more difficult shot in mind.

I've only been there once, from the same viewpoint. I know there is another location from the other side of the bridge, but heard it's a scramble to get over there.

the bad thing about panos is the size... in my original, it looks way better... its just too long for the forums format...

yeah, i have a plan though...:wink:

Very nice!
But I think you should pick other the sky or foreground to crop because with both it seems a bit much to me (in my opinion).
I think cropping the water would be more beneficial though.

You wanna get out on Yerba Buena? There's a fair bit of public access out there, but watch out for Coast Guard territory. The own a good part of the island, and while they're awesome dudes, they ARE military. You might consider a boat. It's less stable, but that just makes the stitching trickier. Lots of folks sail out of TI and everywhere else. Drop an ad on craigslist 'wanna go shoot some photos of the city some evening, will bring beer'.

I like your second edit much better. Losing the excess water was a good suggestion.

Most reactions

Back