Uh-oh, I shot a 7dm2 and I really liked it

I for one hope this fails miserably, well at least my bank account hopes it fails LOL
But it will just prove my point that you are capable of taking great shots no matter what gear you use. Even really crappy stuff :345:
It's not so bad for the bank account if the transition is successful. I actually got the 7d mark II through a site called greentoe. Full USA version from an authorized seller for only $170 more than a D7200. Found a used 400 F5.6 for 750 shipped. I might do a post about greentoe, it's an interesting site that bargain shoppers like me will really enjoy. Sort of like priceline except for cameras and electronics..

And I, for one, am absolutely thrilled that he decided to ditch that D800! :winksexy:
I couldn't think of a better home for the D800 :) I know it will get lots of love and usage!

I am really looking forward to the images you capture from the 7d mark II. I dont expect to see a big difference as I think what ever you shoot with will look amazing. I believe if you get it right in the camera from the get go it does not matter if you shoot Canon or Nikon. Its what ever feels best in your hand. Ok Nikon fans write how the noise in low light is going to suck in the 7d II versus the Nikon. I swear its really getting old. Any ways I think Coastalconn has such skill at this that he will amaze people with any camera he shoots with and I look forward to his pictures.
I'm sick of the Canon/Nikon debates as well. The both have strengths and weaknesses.. probably why I will keep both. To me a camera is just a tool and whichever tool works best in the situation I am in will be the one I choose. It's a bit different for me since I am only a wildlife guy so wides and normal lenses don't matter much for me. It seems that Canon takes people like me a bit more seriously and offers a few better options for what and how I shoot..

I am heavily invested into canon. But I am really thinking about getting the Nikon D810 for Portrait work as I think its the best in this area. But for shooting sports I prefer Canon. So I have to say I like them both for there purposes. Man I dont even want to tell my wife I want another camera body she is going to kill me. I keep telling her this will be the last one for a while.

I for one hope this fails miserably, well at least my bank account hopes it fails LOL

But it will just prove my point that you are capable of taking great shots no matter what gear you use. Even really crappy stuff :345:

I have every confidence that Kris will get stellar shots with whatever camera/lens combo he chooses.

And I, for one, am absolutely thrilled that he decided to ditch that D800! :winksexy:
You have/had a d7000 didn't you?

I have every confidence that Kris will get stellar shots with whatever camera/lens combo he chooses.

Yep. I also had a D5100, which was my first DSLR. I'll sell the D5100 now, and keep the D7000 as a backup body. If things go well this year, I might upgrade the backup to a D7100 at some point.

Yep. I also had a D5100, which was my first DSLR. I'll sell the D5100 now, and keep the D7000 as a backup body. If things go well this year, I might upgrade the backup to a D7100 at some point.

I still have my d7000. You'll find out you'll just won't use it except for video and testing. The FF is just so much more versatile. I thought many times of upgrading to a d7100 but I'd rather buy a lens or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back