UK Photography Course?

Guinness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a course to start at college in September to help me learn how to use my camera and how altering the settings create different effects.

I mostly want to learn about; and gain supervised experience in studio photgraphy and taking Portrait, Still Life, Close-Up, and Contemporary photo's.
I'm not too bad at Landscape shots.

I would like to, one day, earn a living from taking photo's.:D

I'm hoping there is somebody here that has taken, or knows someone who has taken a course and can offer some advice.

many thanks,

Steve.

You have several options:
GCSE
AS and A Level
City & Guilds
BTEC
Degree
You didn't say whether you wanted part-time, full-time, day or evening.
You need to check out your local Colleges to find out what they offer and what the course entails. Mostly courses tend to be biased towards the tutor's personal preferences.

Try at your local coucil run adult learning. They run evening city in guilds classes in most towns.

Lol999 said:
Personally I'm looking at the City and Guilds this September:thumbup:
Do remember that the 6922/23/24 series is primarily aimed at Camera Club enthusiasts who want to get their LRPS.
The course is modular but the modules available at any one College tend to be limited.
It may be what you want - but often people find that it isn't what they expected.
(Taught it and know the guy who wrote the original scheme).

I'm looking for part time, evening. I will be going to some open days soon as the details on the college websites are very brief on what is covered in the course.

I was on the understanding that you had to start with a GCSE or C & G before you could go on to A level or higher?

I haven't looked at C & G yet but the GCSE courses are:
GCSE Art-(Photography) and GCSE Photography.

I guess I need to wait to speak to a tutor.

Steve.

Hertz van Rental said:
Do remember that the 6922/23/24 series is primarily aimed at Camera Club enthusiasts who want to get their LRPS.
The course is modular but the modules available at any one College tend to be limited.
It may be what you want - but often people find that it isn't what they expected.
(Taught it and know the guy who wrote the original scheme).

Going to go along beforehand and chat to the guy who runs it to see just what it entails. Got some brief details off the college website. It'll keep me off the streets one evening a week:mrgreen:

I'm also in the London area.

I was thinking about doing a course but I think I'd rather just join a club or something like that now instead, anybody know of any good ones? (sorry to semi hijack the thread)

Hi Steve...so your in Wolves...now thats what I call a local (im in Penn) :)
If youre going to consider the C&G course at Dudley college, which is closest to you...you may want to PM me & Ill fill you in on it as Im on it at the mo.
It may help you decide if it would be of interest to you or not.

Wolverhampton college is closest, I used to go to Dudley college when I was doing A level chemistry.

I was kind of hoping to get on a course at Walsall college, but it's which ever one offers the course I want.

I will have alook at that website, thanks Hertz.:D

Steve.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back