UK system same as US?

mathewhoyland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i am planning on buying a Durst Printo Processor off of a UK website, http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/30540/info.php?p=5&pno=0 and i was wondering if the specifications of the UK version would be the same as that of the Durst Printo american version. My schools darkroom has the american version and i was wondering if anyone knew if they would be the same.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Mathew.

My understanding is the only consern you will have will be electrical conversion. That will include some inexpensive converters and plugs. I would would contact Durst direct before you buy...

the uk uses (as well as the rest of europe) a 230V/50Hz electrical system, whereas in the usa we have a 120V/60Hz electrical system. if the printo processor you are interested in has just some heater coils and some low voltage motors fittet to them and no other electrical items, it should be possible to run it on the usa 208/240V high voltage output (i.e. dryer outlet). you just would have to change the plug.

i have a lot of german manufactoring equipment running at the company i work for. the frequency compliance is the larger problem.

contact the manufacturer for details on their product. i will not take any responsibility for damages or injuries, yada, yada, yada ;)

michael

Most reactions

New Topics

Back