TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zivlai.com
DSC0497a.jpg

DSC0496a.jpg

DSC0524a.jpg

http://www.zivlai.com

Maybe its just me, but these seems to be way blown out. Were you going for this bright look?

i think he was, otherwise i would agree with you that it was blown out.
clear.gif

I'm thinking that you were going for that look as well, but I personally don't care for it. Looks way too overexposed for my taste.

I'm thinking that you were going for that look as well, but I personally don't care for it. Looks way too overexposed for my taste.

I agree, the brightness just takes away from the subject. Like for instance, if this was done in almost complete darkness with the subject illuminated with only a flash, I think would accentuate the subject, leaving less for the eye to look at.

With that being said, maybe had she not been wearing a white outfit that is also blown out. Like if she wore black, maybe this technique would have worked better for me.

I'm going to have to disagree with the others, I actually like the high-key style you have going here.

B. Kennedy stated it might work better if the subject was wearing black, but that would defeat the purpose of shooting this (underrated) style.

I think the high-key style and the white outfit makes this series very angelic - I like it. From my knowledge and experience, these kind of techniques works really well with asian girls too.

Anyways, beautiful model, lovely photos.

The over-exposure distracts from the subject and is therefore a photographic weakness.

skieur

It's one of the trend now in Asia and there are accumulating amount of fans including the subjects who want to be photographed this way. These subjects are our potential clients.

I guess when it's established to be a "style", you can like it or dislike it, but there's no correct or incorrect.

What is "correct exposure" anyway?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back