Underwaterhousing

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Tighearnach, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Tighearnach

Tighearnach TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi

I'm intrested in experimenting with photography in the water. This would mostly be photgraphy on or near surface (surfing). Because im just getting into it i do not want to spend thousands on fancy underwater housing. So i have seen some "plastic bag" type housing on internet. This is basically thick plastic and you have to press buttons etc thru the plastic.

Anyway im wondering if anyone has any experience with this equipment. Or maybe there are other alternative options that are also cheapish?

Thanks for any help.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are some digicams that are water resistant enough for this type of shooting...but you obviously don't get the benefits of a DSLR.

I've seen those 'bags' but I've never seen them in use...or heard from anyone who has used them. For the price, they might be worth a look...but I'd also suggest having insurance for your camera.

3. Tighearnach

Tighearnach TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    anyone have any experience using these bags?

4. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are with my Canon G2 in Maui with one of those -- Ewa-Marine -- worked OK, but I would certainly prefer a real housing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]