Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by er111a, Aug 21, 2010.
Nicely done, however I would try zooming out just a little more. Are you using a polarizing filter?
No I wasnt
Here's my word vomit on what I see:
Stick to editing! Ha ha, just kidding! I like 'em. Here are a few things I noticed:
1. I like the angle, with both of them looking off in the same direction like that. I personally would like to see it zoomed out so the mast/sail aren't cut off.
2. Crop down the sky. I like the way they are all leaning the same direction. Kinda makes my head gradually tilt to the right.
3. Again, zoom out a tad so the name of the boat and both people aren't trimmed off at the edge like that.
4. This one is begging for portrait orientation, to me anyway. And zoom out so all of the hull and mast are in the frame.
5. Again, zoom out so the boat isn't cut off. And the people seem a little OOF to me. Seems to me either it's motion blur our they are leaning just far enough off the boat to be beyond the edge of the DOF.
6. Not sure what I would do differently, maybe crop it into portrait?
7. People are underexposed. Probably would have benefited from fill flash. (I'm guessing you were close enough) Also, either zoom out so the front man isn't cut off or or crop him out all together.
8. In contradiction to every other one I've mentioned, I would actually zoom in on this one. Maybe enough to cut out he boat on the right and the one on the far left. I think their plight would be better conveyed if they filled the frame a bit more.
I'm also guessing you had some harsh light to deal with, along with a lot of glare. Plus, kudos to you for having the guts to take your camera on the water! I'd probably ask the coordinators of they have life jackets in size Nikon!
Those are my two cents, and as always disagree if you wish!
thanks for that bitter
A life jacket haha
I agree with bitter, decent snapshots ... BUT, I like #1, if I had to pick it.
BUT I'm glad you posted these! These (to me) are much more appealing than much of what you've posted previously.
I agree with what most people have already said - level your horizon, zoom out, and turn your camera once in a while (portrait orientation).
Keep shooting! I'm looking forward to more of your unedited photos!
haha and its not a shirt its a penny
Wow! De Ja Vu!
these need a lot of PP, know anyone?
Separate names with a comma.