unfiddled with...

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
As everyone here is probably aware, I like to "improve" my pics a bit in Photoshop. Just as an experiment I decided to post one straight from the camera, no editing except titles & resizing for the web.

Taken last night.

windysun.jpg

red sky at night sailors delight, re sky in the morn, sailors be warn

did it storm?

md

after a stormy day the sky looks awesom and from that picture i take it it was a nasty day.

It stormed beautifully the other day. The sky also played some nice games with Dark grey, light grey, blue and gold at the same time as it cleared in the arvo. I wish i had my camera.

And i wish i could take pictures as good as that. Nice work!

You've really got this sunrise/sunset thing down to a fine art haven't you?
Just great as always Jim!

lovely colors, nice touch of soft focus :D

now if i can only leave that photoshop alone :lol:

Trish- yeah, it rained all morning until just after noon.

Garbz- we don't get much wicked nasty rain around here. Slow steady drizzle mostly. Occasional thunderstorm in the summertime. Thanks BTW!

Sid- Ya think? :lol: It's not me man, it's the place. Never seen anywhere that has the consistently good photo skies as here.

Dew- the "soft focus" was helped by the wind blowing about 25mph, hence the pic title. I assume it was blowing quite a bit harder up where the clouds were. They were scooting along rather nicely. Turned out ok though I guess. :)

Looks like crap. :roll:

Truthfully it is a great picture. To bad there are those smaller trees in the middle of the image. Nature, what a ***** uh?

"My what great tonal range you have" I like to think of those colours as out of gamut. Personally, I know I have a good photo when it turns into mud in cmyk. Did I just say that out loud? Anyway, beeaautiful sunset!

See??? You don't really need no stinkin' photoshop! This image is gorgeous. :D

I appreciate that it's an easy habit to fall into, but you don't need it!!

The colors, their gradients, and the shadows really work in this picture. You have this down good and really don't need photoshop to look good which is great. Too many people heavily rely on editing and take the art out of taking the photo.

Just out of curiosity what would you have done to this picture in photoshop?

I would have killed the foreground to black. Nothing interesting in the details of a roof of a house below a cool sunset. The shape is okay though.

Amazing would make a good wallpaper for the puter! I love great pics for wallpapers.

Wolfepak

Most reactions

New Topics

Back