Unusual Results

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently purchased an old box camera which arrived with film inside. I decided to expose a few frames to see what would happen. This is how it developed ??

img002copy.jpg

Very interesting!
Why the squares and numbers, do you know?

Will you get new film and test it out more with that later? I am curious to see the outcome! Will the squares and numbers stay? Or do you think the only are on the old film?

It's probably old film thats long out of date. It looks like there's light leak at the top of the frame so you should look for any gaps that light can get in through. It could just be under exposed with light leak at the top. But if not it may be the film. What are the boxes etc? Are they a watermark or what or did that jut happen.

The numbers and squares are the framing numbers and indexing marks found on the backing paper. I have no idea how they got on the film. This was an old film marked 'Neopan'. There was nothing else printed on the paper.
I will try a fresh film in the near future.

My best guess is that the black backing paper has faded over the years and allowed some strong light in through the little window in the back of the camera which exposed the film from the back side. Is this a 120 or 126 format?

Benji3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back