Up - CC

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forgive the cheesy thread title...
Came to this intersection and thought I'd take a quick shot as I deciphered where in the world I was headed. Unfortunately, the photograph didn't help me out one bit :confused:
Please C&C.

4567177040_2536a4705b_o.jpg

Im way "high" on meds from my surgery right now.. and man.. I gotta admit I almost threw up..

If you were trying to make it more interesting by flipping it, you succeeded...But not in a good way.

I think it'd be ten times better right-side-up.

Thanks for the input.
I made the upside-down decision not really cause I arbitrarily thought it was more interesting, but cause it was more disorienting. It's unsettling and it gives me a headache too.
I was lucky to have had that vapor trail as I was composing the shot, cause I think it adds to the sense of direction... or lack thereof.
Having said that, rightside-up just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks. Can you tell me more specifically what you like about it?

Just flip it back to normal and it'll be a pretty neat shot. Focus looks good, nice work with rule of thirds, and I like the plane in the sky.

Flipped right side up it seems to me like someone is driving, and lost, and wishes they were on that plane.

Thanks for the detailed comments.
So by popular demand, here's how it looks flipped normally. The effect is quite different.

4571217932_556e06e3b0_o.jpg

I like it right side up better. I had to turn my computer over on the first one.

Great shot! I guess you got to where you needed to go.

Reminds me of when I was driving truck... The first time I was in NY I felt like jumping off the first bridge I came to... Fortunately I had spent so much money to cross that bridge I couldn't bring myself to not go all the way.

Right side up... That's my vote. Nice stock photo.

I prefer the right side up version but the upside down one is alos interesting :D too bad some of the sign is out of the shot but oh well beggers cant be choosers D: good job!

i didnt like it being upside down until i saw it right side up... its boring rsu, it kinda has a laying on the ground looking at the sky effect, upside down. it shows imagination if nothing else.. good job!

Most reactions

Back