Up close or full picture?

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just wondering what people prefer up close and a creative picture or something that's farther away and gets the full subject in frame?

I personally suck at up close and creative photos, so I tend to stick to pictures that get everything in there.

What about everybody else?

That depends on the subject, and what catches interest. Example: If it the old car was your interest, shoot the car. If it was the hood ornament that caught your interest shoot the hood ornament.

Well, I guess what I'm really asking is what one are you better at? I never can get creative with up close pictures and having stuff in the background. For example, maybe shooting a hood ornament then behind that car, but in the background of the hood ornament, have another car?

If that makes sense? lol

You're asking about arbitrary compositional components. In your case what it sounds like is that the background itself is also the subject of the photo. Would you still frame the way you do if the background were perfectly white and featureless? Well the white can be the subject of the photo too (it's called negative space or something like that).

The rules of composition change completely for every picture that's why you're likely to get nothing but "depends on what I'm shooting" responses. People are unlikely to be good at a close up picture if the closeup is in fact boring as heck and all the interesting stuff is in the surroundings. (or then maybe the subject is reflective and the surroundings are part of the subject, it depends what you're shooting :lol: )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back