upgrade to d80 would u

Best Buy has the D200 online new for $599.

They had this deal earlier this week and it sold out online in about 24 hours.

Damn, I hate being poor. :banghead: :lol: (I could put it on plastic, but I stopped doing this years ago...)

Man, seriously, people.

I love how people just spew out these random opinions that are based mainly on the fact that their own fragile egos cannot handle the fact that there are cameras out there that are better than the ones they personally chose (or had to choose).

The D40 is an absolutely sub-par camera. If it happened to be all you can afford, then fine. It's not like it can't get the job done most of the time... it can... but it does seriously bite.

Beyond that, it's about budget. You buy the best camera you can reasonably afford, and in the best condition you can find. Generally it's better to buy a used D70S than a D40 because you can USE the better glass with it. No point in buying a D40 if you want to buy good glass, because a lot of the really good glass doesn't have a built-in focus motor... and the ones that DO will cost you MORE MONEY... thus meaning if you buy a few such lenses, you will eventually wind up inadvertantly paying MORE for your camera. If you can spend more, buy a D80... D90... D200...

Sorry for the mild snippiness, I'm just SO tired of this behavior.

Man, seriously, people.

I love how people just spew out these random opinions that are based mainly on the fact that their own fragile egos cannot handle the fact that there are cameras out there that are better than the ones they personally chose (or had to choose).

The D40 is an absolutely sub-par camera. If it happened to be all you can afford, then fine. It's not like it can't get the job done most of the time... it can... but it does seriously bite.

Beyond that, it's about budget. You buy the best camera you can reasonably afford, and in the best condition you can find. Generally it's better to buy a used D70S than a D40 because you can USE the better glass with it. No point in buying a D40 if you want to buy good glass, because a lot of the really good glass doesn't have a built-in focus motor... and the ones that DO will cost you MORE MONEY... thus meaning if you buy a few such lenses, you will eventually wind up inadvertantly paying MORE for your camera. If you can spend more, buy a D80... D90... D200...

Sorry for the mild snippiness, I'm just SO tired of this behavior.

this is the reason that i want to upgrade ^^^^ i think i am getting the d80 buying something like this without any warrenty makes me a bit uneasy so i am ordring a d80 this afternoon thanks for the input guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back