uploaders

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by raider, Dec 18, 2004.

1. raider

raider TPF Noob!

for those of you who use the upload services for your photography, say shooting various pics at a party, - how do you get the word out to everyone of the fact that the pics will be online for purchase? or even a wedding. cards on tables, pile at the door, dj, ?? And also, do you find it worth the effort.

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I carry a lot of cards. My online photos are accessed directly by our main website so a business card does the trick. Some couples will list their photographer in the wedding program so if you have a website they can just type in your name and find it on any serch engine.

3. raider

raider TPF Noob!

some people find it in bad taste to go around handing out cards, say, at the reception. I like the program idea - most people who would want pics would also take a program. I would have to print out a new stock of cards as to include the password to the service site.

4. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    I only hand out the cards if asked by a guest :)

And most of my clients choose not to password protect their site so that's no problem.

5. Bokeh

Bokeh TPF Noob!

Why would you print a password?

Make it something the two of you both know, such as the date you met or something.

Allison, I agree it seems odd some people would want their pics password protected, but I've had to do that for a couple of people who I was only using the web as a way to "transmit" their photos to them and they didn't want someone who just "happened upon" the site to be able to download them. To each their own I guess.

6. raider

raider TPF Noob!

the password would be for all the guests/family - I've been doing lots of research with the various services and I'm trying to convince myself to sign up.

7. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    I use morephotos.com. Good service thus far. Runs about $40/month and handles all my client hosting and online ordering. It allows for the option to password protect or to leave it open. To see a real site in action check Here

8. raider

raider TPF Noob!

does morephotos handle the printing and shipping of pics or do you? The thing I've been thinking about is why don't I just make a web page of the low res pics and cut out the middleman charging me a percentage of the sales! There's sites like this that charge a monthly fee plus a setup fee! They basically email you and tell you what this customer wants - wow. Hey, Joe wants a 5x7 of pic 15... that'll be 4 dollars. Just use photoshop cs' gallery maker that accepts comments and use that as the order request. So my point is - what makes this beneficial?

9. Bokeh

Bokeh TPF Noob!

LOL, unfortunately I share a name with some famous female soccer player.