Uploading help

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got my XT today and when I Try to upload photos onto my comp it says that a new device has been attached and to continue must insert my windows XP SP2 CD but I dont have it. I downloaded all the drivers and stuff that came with my PC. Should I just buy a Card reader?

I have found a card reader is a simple, better way to go. Plugging in your camera make it a very expensive card reader to be sure. And, if your batteries crap out in the middle of file transfer, it might lead to lost files.

your camera software should include all you need to upload the pics Jstudle is correct though but you can use the mains adapter while uploading, never upload on batteries. H

You're having driver issues. This could be a problem regardless. Does your camera appear as a digital imaging device or a usb mass storage device? If the latter then a card reader won't help you, windows is missing some usb drivers which it's trying to install.

... What's the issue with uploading on batteries? Even if your battery dies while uploading the file gets corrupted on the receiving end, that is assuming that the camera doesn't unmount from the computer and show a battery warning. I've never seen a camera just loose files when moving them on a low battery.

It shows up that a new device has been plugged in (and that I must use some hardware wizzard) but when I go to My computer theres nothing there. I know it's a driver issue but where do I get it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back