Uploading high resolution files.

XCclicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone happen to have a general idea about how much data would be used when uploading high resolution photos to a site like zenfolio? I have always had unlimited internet through a small business in our town but after moving I am no longer able to receive their service. They are unable to tell me how many gigs I use a month and I am trying to figure out the best route for Internet service at our new place. Thanks in advance.

Nope. You don't say where you live but you might be better served in the long run to install your own in home server, build your own web site and run it from there. Of course you location may not make that practical.

this is a calculation you can do yourself.
just save the hi res files to a separate folder and look at the properties of teh folder.
that will give you the file size, then add 15% for 'swelling' and that's the size.

One (1) k of file data is 1024 bytes. Number of K's times 1024 is amount of data to be moved. In the computer that's it but for communications the data is broken up into packets and each packet has an address so you have to add some for that. Can't remember how much anymore but 15% may be close.

Most reactions

Back