Uploading RAW files

Natural_Disaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took two photos today, one RAW and one JPEG. I was hoping to open the RAW and JPEG in the same program together just to see what the differences are while editing them. When i upload my pics from the camera to the pc, the RAW file isn't uploading.....
Any help?

Uploading them using Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard....
Im sending them straight to "My Pictures"...and then just clicking preview.
I know my program (PSP7) will let me open them...if i can just get them from the camera to the pc...

I tried opening PSP7 and grabbing them straight from the camera into the program...It will grab the RAW but not the JPEG which makes no sense...And the RAW is thumbnail size...
UUUHHHHGGGGG!

What is PSP7?

Until a RAW data file has been converted, an image editor displays a small JPEG basic image that is embedded in the RAW data file at the time of capture, because your camera cannot show you the RAW file as an image on the camera LCD.

What is PSP7?

Until a RAW data file has been converted, an image editor displays a small JPEG basic image that is embedded in the RAW data file at the time of capture, because your camera cannot show you the RAW file as an image on the camera LCD.

Paint Shop Pro 7
So now i feel like an idiot...What do i do with the RAW file?
I thought you could open them and edit them and you were suppose to be able to do more editing or get different effects with RAW....
Im so confused...

I have been shooting in raw+jpeg. I use window office picture manager to down load to my pc.
Then I cut and paste them to a folder on my computer.
If you have windows, you have windows office picture manager.

when down loading, I get both images, and can freely work with either one.

I am sorry, I do not know the answer to that question.

Did you try the windows program I mentioned? It comes with windows if that is your OS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back