URGENT HELP PLEASE! (24 hours left to upgrade to the 5D3)

dmunsie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a 7D recently and the return warranty period is over tomorrow. My main focus is lakes, rivers, forests, nature, wildlife, landscapes, cityscapes, sunsets, sunrises. I'm familiar with the crop/full frame, lens cost, etc, debates. Let's forget about my end user skills and focus on brute technical abilities of the camera. And with that in mind, will the 5D3 give me better results than the 7D? Thank you so much for your comments.

I don't know Canon so I can't specifically address what you should do. I can tell you that if I were considering buying a Nikon (what I shoot) I would choose something with higher-ish fps because of the wildlife as part of your main focus. If however you eliminate that one factor I would probably go with something that has higher MPs (for detail) and wouldn't be concerned with the fps.
This is of course my opinion and due to the fact that I don't shoot Canon I can't really help you much more than this. I'm hoping this is a little bit of a bump for your thread so that maybe another Canon user can help you further. Good luck with whatever you decide. :wink:

Cheers shefjr ;) I've been researching all day and everything now is pointing towards 2 things. Get the 5D for landscape and keep the 7D for pretty much everything else. ;) At this point though it's looking like the 5D is the obvious choice for my long term goals.

I wouldn't necessarily look at the 5d mark III. The Mark 2 or Classic (Mark 1) would do just fine.

Good Luck

Cheers shefjr ;) I've been researching all day and everything now is pointing towards 2 things. Get the 5D for landscape and keep the 7D for pretty much everything else. ;) At this point though it's looking like the 5D is the obvious choice for my long term goals.

Well, I'm glad you were able to find your own answers. I find that for me sometimes it is better to do my own research as opposed to relying on other peoples opinion(I do this too much).

I am really enjoying the expanded possibilities of the Mark III. I really think they have went above and beyond with this camera. Go big or go home. If your budget allows of coarse.

I bought a 7D recently and the return warranty period is over tomorrow. My main focus is lakes, rivers, forests, nature, wildlife, landscapes, cityscapes, sunsets, sunrises. I'm familiar with the crop/full frame, lens cost, etc, debates. Let's forget about my end user skills and focus on brute technical abilities of the camera. And with that in mind, will the 5D3 give me better results than the 7D? Thank you so much for your comments.

I'm assuming you already have all the best glass? Because if not, that's a much better place to put you money than a new body is.

Short answer? Yes.

Thanks for the comments. I'm keeping the t3i since I have a 500mm sigma lens for it. But the 7D is going back and later today I'll be the proud owner of a 5D Mark III. :)

Thanks for the comments. I'm keeping the t3i since I have a 500mm sigma lens for it. But the 7D is going back and later today I'll be the proud owner of a 5D Mark III. :)

You will LOVE it! Please come back and share some images once you have a chance to play.

You have an EF-S sigma? I didn't even know they made that...

In my defense, I never really saw the value in any glass that was crop frame specific.

You have an EF-S sigma? I didn't even know they made that...

In my defense, I never really saw the value in any glass that was crop frame specific.

I believe at least 2 good reasons for lens that is made for cropped body.

- Smaller in physical size and lighter in weight especially for long fast telephoto zoom lens.
- Relatively cheaper to make because the size of the lens elements are smaller.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back