US Marine Corps War Memorial Sunrise - Take 2

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some (read: one or two) of you might remember I went out in april and took my first sunrise shot overlooking DC from the Marines Corps War Memorial: US Marine Corps War Memorial - Sunrise (C&C Welcome) | Photography Forum

Saturday morning a few of us locals got together to try at it before an excursion in the big city.

here are my results:

This was the first shot of the day, I was joking this would end up being a keeper--I was right.

DSC_1442-1
by The Braineack, on Flickr

200mm

DSC_1515-2

halo

DSC_1519-3

Wow.....I like all 3....nicely done.....

Two and three do it for me, very nice.

The flag blur in #1 throws it off for me.

#2 has a lot of emotion to it. I met Joe Rosenthal, the photographer who captured the scene. After the war he worked for the San Francisco Chronicle. Thank you for sharing.

Gary

Love #2 and #3. I think I'd clone out that little bit of flag intruding into #2 though. It's one of those that things that is very noticeable where it's there but will never be missed when it's not. I think #1 needs a bit more light on the left side of the memorial. Kind of shadowed there.

Great shots!
How many other crazy, I mean, how many other photographers were there at that hour besides 'our' group?
Nancy

I like 1 and 3 the best but they are all great. All of you got some great pics yesterday! Really wish I could have made it out.

Great shots!
How many other crazy, I mean, how many other photographers were there at that hour besides 'our' group?
Nancy
photographers, one or two. Joggers, at least 30.

They are really fantastic. I remember your first post.

I like 3 bc of the 'halo', but I love 2 how close it is and the elements in the bg. So maybe if 2 and 3 were combined :)

Not sure I took one at 200mm of the halo effect.

I was trying to get the sun directly behind the first soldiers head, but it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

I need to do more post on a few of these and see what else I can come up with.

Braineack, I think this is the best one that I got from the morning. This is another one I think has a chance but haven't had the time to play around with them. I still need to crop the light on the right out, but I really like the lighted Capitol building.

09 19 14_1128_edited-3.jpg

Most reactions

Back