V2 Cactus will only fire 1 flash and not the other

blythe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having trouble with my V2's, I have two SB-600s and I have attached them to two separate receivers. I want to fire both at the same time but it wont let me for some reason. I can only fire either #1 or I can only fire #2, not both at the same time. Does anyone know what the trick is in doing this properly?

thanks

I assume they are all on the same channel...that's the first thing to check.

Check that the flashes are seated properly on the receivers (or that the cables are tight and working).

Can you elaborate on the circumstances where one fires and one doesn't? There's no reason why it shouldn't work...but I've found that these thing just aren't all that reliable, which is why I upgraded to CyberSyncs.

well my first flash is on channel one, then my second flash is on channel two, and the receiver I have both channels on. When I fire them separately they work perfectly fine, both have fire properly just by themselves. That means they are seated properly and should be a go, but for some reason they both wont fire at the same time.

Please help
thanks

on the transmitter set the channel with both thingies, lets say both of them at the top. Then on the receivers do the same, both switches on up. Works for me.

well my first flash is on channel one, then my second flash is on channel two, and the receiver I have both channels on. When I fire them separately they work perfectly fine, both have fire properly just by themselves. That means they are seated properly and should be a go, but for some reason they both wont fire at the same time.
Doesn't work that way. There are 4 separate channels.
1)both switches up
2)1st one up, 2nd one down
3)both down
4)1st one down, 2nd one up

Set your trigger and both receivers to the same channel (setting) and it should work.

Thanks it finally works now.

everything has to be up- option # 1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back