Various birds from today

Detoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a great day out birding, I managed to get shots of several birds I've been after lately, though I still missed out on a bunch today. There is the fence thing going in most of these, I'd prefer a different perch, but I'll take what I can get.

One of my favorites, the Western Tanager. This little guy wasn't shy at all, some of the shots I took of him were @ 250mm full frame.
IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8597.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

Western Meadowlark. I've been trying for a decent shot of one of these for years, and so far these are the best I've gotten of any.
IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8673.jpg

Western Kingbird. These were pretty common today. I've been trying for a shot of an Eastern & Western in the same frame, but they wouldn't sit quite close enough today for a decent shot.
IMG_8715.jpg

I believe this little guy is a Savannah Sparrow.
IMG_8722.jpg

Great shots! #4 for me.
I wish they would sit still so we snap them easier. Focus lost a bit on 2 and 3.
Overall an excellent series.

Thanks! The focus was there on 2&3, but I lost some to the resize. The worst ones for sitting still today were the little sparrows. The one posted here was the only on all day that I even had a chance at.

Wow so vibrant I like them all :thumbup: On the framing

Love 'em! That tanager is unreal! I got my first Western Kingbird today :)

I really like #1... great focus and great depth-of-field with a beautiful featureless background... really well-done.

The others are good, too... just not as technically perfect as #1. Though I also enjoyed the bird with an insect in its mouth... probably because it came out much better than a very similar shot that I attempted a few days ago which suffered from a disappointingly slow shutter speed.

Nice work overall, though... keep it up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back