Various visits to aqauriums

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have so many fish photos with a strike rate of less than 1 in 10. With the poor lighting, and normally no flash allowed, the scratched aquariums etc, I find it very tough shooting fish. Here are a few I liked, C&C more than welcome.

Fish_107(ps).jpg

Fish_110.jpg

Fish_134(ps).jpg

Screensaver 146.jpg

Screensaver 154.jpg

I really like the anemone, but all of them are good.
I've tried this several times and have one that I like, and that had to be processes like crazy. Are you doing anything "special" to get these? I've read a rubber lens hood, held against the glass is supposed to help.

Thanks, no nothing special. Looking at some of the exif data its seems that most posted here were with flash. The aquarium in question needed some new signs, and I offered to give it a go. I told them that I won't be able to do much without flash, so they agreed.

I think you did a great job! Aquariums and some zoos are a real pain to shoot in because of all the smudges, scratches and glare. Like snowbear mentioned sometimes a lens hood held to the glass helps cut out some of the glare.

As you might guess from my avatar, my favourite is #4, the snakelocks anemone. I do like the others though.

Thanks everyone. Will have a look see if I can get a rubber hood for the reflections etc.

Most reactions

Back