vatican city

cyrill-7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi everyone, i'm new here and i hope i can further my skills. here's a pic i took in vatican city.

a31568d7.jpg

this is shot with: EOS CANON 40D
Vatican-City-100880728

Last edited:
That's better :thumbup:. It's a great shot, I love the "far as the eye can see" view, it's wonderful!

Did you also walk around to the other side of the cupola to get a shot of the walls surrounding the vatican from that view? I was there about 4 years ago, and could've spent much more time there than I did.

u mean this one?

e46b8ec7.jpg

Yup. I took that same shot when I was there. That trip is really what got me into photography. Quite the view from up there. I also had a shot just inside the cupola from almost the same angle as the Escher drawing. I was familiar with Escher before this trip but had never seen that print. I was later perusing some of his drawings and saw the sketch from inside the cupola and had an Aha moment and remembered taking the same shot as the drawing. I'd really like to go back now that I have an idea of how to take a decent picture.

Very neat. Too bad about the slight haze but not much you can do about that. A bit of sharpening might be nice, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back