Venice Beach, Santa Monica Ca. (24 shots)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Wow, lots of crazy stuff on the boardwalk, we got mixed into a tribal event in the sand, the LAPD came and tried to break it up, and I got to argue with street vendors about the legality of shooting a picture with their stupid artwork in the backdrop of my shot while I was on sidewalk... it was a fun day !!!
Funny thing is the tribal band was doing fine on the grass next to the boardwalk, but when the cops made everyone move onto the sand about
150 yards away then everyone pulled out bongs, beers, roach clips, and started rolling joints. Totally hilarious it was like out of the Simpson's.

We mingled with the band/audience for about 45 minutes and then it was like we were one of them, then it was ok to start shooting, nobody cared. or maybe they were just all high.. it was very good music.

once again none of these were posed at all, #6 and #7 were really good decisive moments for me... #6 I drew my gun and fired like an old west gunslinger. , #7 i shot from the hip behind me... it was so fun that the picture actually came out.

a few of these there are purposely some bright highlights, its supposed to be like that in case you are wondering if I blew them out, No I blew them out in processing for a reason.

thanks for looking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

14B.jpg

15.jpg

15b.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

20b.jpg

21.jpg

Nice shots. I really like the vibrant colors and bokeh in #9. What lens did you shoot these with? I also like #11. It has a nice unique composition and definitely lots of colors. :thumbup: #3 is quite cool also, actually.

Edit: And, omg, is that a white camera body in #8?
With a black lens?

Ew.

thanks guys !!

I was using my "portrait" Lens

Tamrons 2.8 all the way through 28-75

Thanks...

bump !!!

I replied too late due to being out of town for a few days,... and wham
this sunk to the bottom so quick,,,,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back