Very Upset: Cat is Missing

K8-90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My beloved cat of nine years has been missing since Monday evening.

We've been out looking for her several times a day with no luck. Nothing from the shelters, either.

Don't know why I am posting this... I just can't get her off my mind... :cry:

Sorry to hear. Hope you find her.

Sorry to hear that. I used to be an animal control officer and my only suggestion is to look EVERY WHERE! Attics, cabinets, appliances, sheds, neighbor's sheds and cars, the list goes on and on. Cats are extremely curious and often get shut into a place after falling asleep. Good Luck I hope you find your kitty!!!

Best wishes, and hope you find her. Sometimes they go off and hide and show up again like nothing happened. She may just do that, keep the hope up. Any cat person knows how hard this is, my thoughts go out to you.

:(

I don't let my cats outside. Every time they are around me when I'm going in/out I'm worried they'll slip by me and I'll never see them again.

I hope your little buddy returns.

My own cat has pulled this on me on several occasions over the years. It drives me insane with worry and then, suddenly, she appears at the back door, yowling to get in. She is now 19 years old (yes, 19!) and still very independent. I have always given her the freedom to come and go as she pleased and, even though I despise this periodic roaming, she has never failed to return.

I am hoping your kitty is just off doing the same thing. If you have been unable to find her, chances are she is deliberately lying low. As my cat grew older, she would also lie low for days if new dogs or younger cats came through the neighborhood, as well.

Bottom line: there are plenty of reasons your kitty could be absent. Keep looking and calling for her, and I am hoping she shows up very soon. :)

Thanks guys. Terri, it's really comforting to hear you've gone through the same and had your cat return!

Itznfb, she was meant to be an indoor cat. But she "escaped" a couple times when she was younger, and once she had a taste of freedom, we couldn't keep her in!

We've been going out several times a day, walking through the neighborhood calling her. Tomorrow though we're doing a big search. I don't have school on Fridays, and my younger sister (who has a school holiday) is getting a bunch of friends over to go looking. I think we might ask if we can check people's backyards, if they're ok with it.

We've put posters up, and had response from someone who's seen a black cat roaming their area. We took a look, but no luck. Hopefully tomorrow...

Good luck to you. All my 4 cats are indoor ones and occasionally one escapes through the front door. Then he just sits there waiting for us to find him. For some reason he gets in a paralyzed state once outside and that makes it easier for us to handle him.

Do not forget to look inside your car engines, many cats will seek the warmth of a car engine and are known to get inside, under the hood. Just a thought...

Keeping our fingers crossed!

Thanks, we're still looking...

Wish you luck finding your cat. A few times my cat went missing. One time, he fell asleep in someone's car and the guy drove off. He found my cat napping when he got home. Another time he disappeared for like a week and eventually came home. He basically got attacked by a bird and went into hiding until he felt comfortable to leave. Your cat may still come home yet.

That's comforting to hear your cat came back on its own! It's just not like Mitsy! She's lazy, and enjoys her indoor-comforts. She's not one to wander off... We've had her for nearly 10yrs, and she's never pulled anything like this!

Well, I'd say we've had a miracle. Today, nearly seven months later, Misty is back!

Some one found her, and she still had her collar on! They called the number on her tag, and now she is back home with us :D

Some how, she survived the winter, the cars and the coyotes, and she's not even in bad shape! Still waiting on results from the vet, but aside from some rapid-aging and a slightly dirty coat, she's looking great :)

I'm elated, so I thought I'd share :D

Wow, 7 months?

Maybe she was being fed by someone (it happens, if they feed their cat outside, others can sneak it, it's pretty much the only thing beyond abuse abuse that will keep a cat away from a nice home)

Glad to hear you got her back, had something similar with my cat, found him after 3 days up a tree, and baout half his previous weight :(

That's awesome! I'd forgotten about this thread until it popped up in the active topics. I'm so glad there's a happy ending. What are the chances after seven months! Good to hear she's doing fine. How's her personality and her interaction with you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back