Viewing RAW images outside of photoshop

Curiosity Cosby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody know of an image viewer like Windows Picture and Fax Viewer that reads RAW images? I don't like loading my photos on my computer, throwing my card back in my camera and scrolling through finding the pictures I want to edit first. I would like to be able to do it all on my computer once I load everything up from my card. If anyone can help me out here, let me know. Thanks!

Haha I would buy a mac in a heartbeat if I had the money! Instead it all goes to my camera ;)
Thanks everyone!

I use Irfanview, which can view my RAW files.

Irfanview is great. My version of Vista reads them with no codec download.

PS- I would only own a Mac if it were the last option on earth. Too many software choices aren't available for them. If you get a virus on one (and regardless of what you think, they do have virus' geared towards macs), you might as well shut down shop. They are more stealthy than any windows virus could ever imagine, and 10 times as devastating to your system.

Lightroom works awesome for that! and you can even make most adjustments you need right in the software.

i tried the windows link and nikon link, yet neither worked?

Picasa can also read most RAW formats

x2. Picasa is just like windows picture and fax viewer. Actually, it is even easier to use.

Just double-click and there's your preview as big as your monitor without any loading times.

I was against a google program to begin with, but it is sooooo convenient. YOu can send it right to Lightroom or photoshop with a touch of a button.

Just remember to take picasa OFF autoscan. It's annoying as hell.

Most reactions

Back