Vintage

Interesting concept. I think the cracks look like ceramic cracks instead of paper tears/cracks. I'm not sure if this was your intent, but I sort of got stuck on it.

I just thought it looked good. I think what you say makes sense, i can go back and change this at will. Thanks for the input.

I made some adjustments

edit: made some additional changes to make it look more realistic. This is not easy to get that authentic look :biggrin-new:

Last edited:
Not a fan of this type of processing myself. I find it to be gimmicky and generally unflattering to the original photo.
Just my 2 cents.

Of the two, I prefer the first one. I think the contrast is better.

Last edited:
Of the two, I prefer the first one. I think he contrast is better.
I find that these types of photos look more washed out because of either how it was made or because of the photos age, so i removed a lot of contrast to duplicate that. But its a work in progress, i'll take all critique to hart and hope i can improve on what i'm doing.

I prefer a higher contrast than that if the second photo, but you need to edit them to please yourself. Thanks for posting them.

The edit certainly comes closer to replicating the "vintage photo" look, but I agree with others about the contrast - more, but not as much as the first. I like the fold lines.

Thank you. I bumped up the contrast and put that little fold in there. Though the fold looks too clean, it is a step closer to that worn old picture that was kept in a wallet and exposed to all the elements and constant bombardments of the suns radiation. Now i have a starting point from which to create more of these.

Most reactions

Back