VISTA!!!!!

Is VISTA for you?

• Don't know?!?!?!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • MAC is for me

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Love VISTA!!!!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Think Vista is a sign from the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have just got a new computer with VISTA on it and let me tell you the joy... I wanted to see what others thought about the new OS from the great bill gates. So lets have it and please vote!!

its a disease... seriously.

unfortunately i didnt get the choice of putting xp on my laptop when it came. gg microsoft

a disease ... but with several cures. ... MAC .. Linux .. and I doubted I would ever say this, XP SP2 ;) The latter is cheap, sort of stable by now, works with all my hardware, all my software ...what else could i wish?

:meh: Definitely *nix. Any *nix.

My preferred *nix is Slackware Linux.

I believe new Macs run a *nix, too, though I could be mistaken.

I just find Vista slow. I have it on my new laptop and have it on the kids PC here at home and I do like the look of Vista, but on the same hardware as Xp SP2 it is just plain slow.

Ok I have just got a new computer with VISTA on it and let me tell you the joy... I wanted to see what others thought about the new OS from the great bill gates.

"They're here already! You're next! You're next!" :lol:

unfortunately i didnt get the choice of putting xp on my laptop when it came. gg microsoft

Yep... now no-one will sell you a computer with XP on it. Considerate lot always offering us a choice, aren't they?

I'm with Alex, will be sticking with XP for now. I'll switch to Vista when I know it's stable (say in about 5 years?) and when I know how many ways it can be exploited (by Microsoft as much as anyone else ;)).

i'm running vista business ed. at work, and its pretty good, very happy with it so far

I was skidish when i seen vista on the new laptop, but i couldn't afford a new mac like i wanted to i had no choice. But its not to shabby runs good on the laptop, only thing I don't like I read somewhere that vista was suppose to recognize raw files from Nikon and Canon well mine don't and i don't like every time i try to run a new program it always ask for permission kinda of aggravating.
and im not allowed to vote so the poll says but i can say i love it. I really want a mac.

Vista is great if you don't have 10000 bucks worth of very selective photo programs that can't work with vista.
In short, from my experience I HATE vista.

Amen. If I could do it all over again, I'd go Mac. But right now, my programs work with Apple as well as they do with Vista. :)

I think that the only good thing about vista is the fact that it has 64-bit processing, so it can harness the full power of dual core. (That's what I'm told). Other than that, nothing special, just sort of a skin relating a lot to Mac OS X. Gadgets in Vista. Widgets in Mac OS X.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back