Walk down the Riverfront

Islair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took a walk down the Riverfront the other day.....it was really cloudy and gloomy but I needed to get out and click some shots.

Look, a fuzzy bush
W1.jpg

No more music at Roxy's
W2.jpg

A door to nowhere
W3.jpg

Empty Slips
w4.jpg

Throw me a line here
w5.jpg

and Walter went with me.
w6.jpg

the one of walter is really a great picture... id like to see it in black and white

I love the 4th image! Such a wide variety of photos, very nice :)

Would I be able to try editing the third photo and posting it in this thread?

Peanuts said:
I love the 4th image! Such a wide variety of photos, very nice :)

Would I be able to try editing the third photo and posting it in this thread?

sure, I'm terrible in PS

Here is a quickly editing version. It looks somewhat squatty, but I just wanted to try and 'straighten' the perspective. Dont' know which way I prefer it though.
96568386_ac5fafb640.jpg

Peanuts said:
Here is a quickly editing version. It looks somewhat squatty, but I just wanted to try and 'straighten' the perspective. Dont' know which way I prefer it though.
96568386_ac5fafb640.jpg

I like your version, the door was a second story but I couldn't back up anymore otherwise I would have gotten the parking ramp in the background. I really need to learn PS.

Love these! I love the fuzzy wheat bush and Walter...what a CUTIE.

I love the door too; I have a thing for doors. Brit, you did a great job fixing the perspective on that, but something still looked askew to me, so I took a whack at it.

door_straight.jpg

These are really nice and make me look at them for longer!
I am most impressed by both photo and title of "No more music at Roxy's". With the amount of empty parking space in the foreground and the "Available"-sign I find this quite moody and I am glad you did not find this in sunshine but on a day like the day you had when you went for your walk. If it were mine, I'd probably crop of the bit on the right next to and behind "Roxy's" and a bit of sky. And then, even though the colours make large part of this picture, I would also, and if only to test it out, convert it into black and white, probabyl shift the curves just a little, and see whether it would not become even sadder and moodier like that.

The portrait of Walter with that huge amount of background is lovely. He's a very photogenic dog! Very.

How did you straighten that door-pic, Annika? I get a lot of distortion as can be seen in the original version and really don't know how to change that in PS later!?!?!?

LaFoto said:
These are really nice and make me look at them for longer!
I am most impressed by both photo and title of "No more music at Roxy's". With the amount of empty parking space in the foreground and the "Available"-sign I find this quite moody and I am glad you did not find this in sunshine but on a day like the day you had when you went for your walk. If it were mine, I'd probably crop of the bit on the right next to and behind "Roxy's" and a bit of sky. And then, even though the colours make large part of this picture, I would also, and if only to test it out, convert it into black and white, probabyl shift the curves just a little, and see whether it would not become even sadder and moodier like that.

The portrait of Walter with that huge amount of background is lovely. He's a very photogenic dog! Very.

How did you straighten that door-pic, Annika? I get a lot of distortion as can be seen in the original version and really don't know how to change that in PS later!?!?!?
my guess is the new lens correction tools in CS2. I'm annoyed because i only have CS1 and can't use them. :D

Oh. I only use the ancient old Photoshop 6.0 :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back