Wally's Action Version 2.0

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,

Special thanks to all of my "beta testers" out in the field. I found out that my action did not work fully unless you have Photoshop CS or CS2. You could still do great B&W conversions using luminosity values, you just could not create a mask using the values and then use that to create a warm sepia tone. So I created a work around for this that creates Sepia Tint via another method.

You can download (for free!) version 2.0 of my action here http://www.billingham-photography.com/wallys_bw_action.zip

The action set contains 2 versions of the action. Version 1.1 "should" run on all versions of photoshop that can run actions. It has the newer (really older) way to do Sepia conversions.

Since these sepia images look slightly different than my original version, I have also included Version 2.0 in the action set. This is the exact same action as my original version only it includes both ways to add tinting/toning. This will run on Photoshop CS and higher only.

It should be noted that both versions also can create great B&W images that are not toned.

Here are some samples

sepiamask.jpg

This is the Sepia toning using a luminosity Values Mask (version 2.0 only)

sepiatint.jpg

This is the Sepia Tint found on both versions

bwonly.jpg

B&W Only No Tinting/Toning (both versions)

Ok...I may sound totally stupid here, but...I've neve d/l any extensions or add-ons to my photoshop, and I'm not always all the d/l savvy....so...do I just d/l it and it shows up in on my PSCS? Can anyone 'laymens terms' this for me?

no problem, the only stupid question is the one not asked!

Download and unzip the folder. In it you will have the action itself, and a .pdf file that is a basic users guide.

Place the action file in a folder on your computer where you will be able to find it easily. I created a new folder called "Photoshop Downloads" right in the Photoshop Program Folder.

Then open and run Photoshop and make sure you have the "actions palette" open. If not click on window on the top toolbar and click "actions". Then click on the little triangle on the top of the action palette and select "load action" from the drop down menu. A new window will then open where you can explore and find the action file you want to load.

Click on the file and it will now be on your action palette. Open an image and then click on the action you want to run from your action palette. Then click on the triangle or "play" at the bottom of the palette and run the action.

Just wanted to post a quick thank you Wally...love the actions you've created! I've tried them on multiple images and they work very nicely :) Thanks a bunch!!!

Yea i tried it last week too, but its down, think its cuz this thread is old - oct last year, would like to check it out tho wally!

Thanks!

Now, how exactly to I load the action? I've loaded filters or plug-ins before but I can't figure out how to browse for a new action...or maybe I don't know where to put the action in the first place.

****scrolls up a few posts~~~~~~~

Doh! :blushing:

Big Mike said:
Thanks!

Now, how exactly to I load the action? I've loaded filters or plug-ins before but I can't figure out how to browse for a new action...or maybe I don't know where to put the action in the first place.

****scrolls up a few posts~~~~~~~

Doh! :blushing:
You need to find your 'presets' folder in the Photoshop folder and plop the action file in the 'photoshop actions' folder.
Then on the actions palette in photoshop click the flyout in the top right corner and go to 'load actions' and browse for wally's action.

Could anyone of you put it up again?Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back