[wanted] Light meter for student

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by aggiezach, Dec 8, 2004.

1. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Howdy guys and gals!

Now that I have some fun full manual Medium format cameras, I would like to carry around a light meter with me so I can properly gauge the eposure I'll need for each frame of film :D

So I'm just starting here and seeing if I can find someone who wouldn't mind helping a poor college kid out! not that I'm not willing to pay for what I get!

I'm also using this thread to get recomendations for light meters that I should start out with!

Thanks in advance for your advice and information!

Zach :D

2. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I hear if you put a half a table tennis ball on the front of a slr lense, it turns the camera into an incident light meter, but this is probably bigger than what you want to carry. :0)

I want to get one as well but the cheaper ones seems to be the older slower ones, and the good ones are $200+.

3. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Look on ebay ffor Pentax spot meters. They are arguably the best on the market, and last time i saw them they were starting around 100 dollars. If your into B&W its prolly the best tool you can have...

Edit: Also if you are thinking about getting into the zone system, these Pentax spot meters are pretty much manditory.

4. paul rond

paul rond TPF Noob!

Try looking for a used meter on KEH.COM. An old Gossen Luna Pro is an excelent meter and can be had for $80 in excelent condition.