WARNING: Don't go to B & H SuperStore

I still say closer to 4K. It's about 3300 before the filter and bag. So figure he probably spent another 150-250 between the two, plus tax (which is 4% in NY i believe) which probably brought him around 3600-3750 (+/-).

Anyways, how are you liking the new gear?

plus tax (which is 4% in NY i believe).

:lol: Try 8.875% Sales Tax.

That is one of the reasons I shop from home. I am probably the only one but I don't really like the Superstore. It is too crowded with people and merchandise. If I do go it is with a list of stuff printed out from the website since it can be difficult to locate what you want.

plus tax (which is 4% in NY i believe).

:lol: Try 8.875% Sales Tax.

That is one of the reasons I shop from home. I am probably the only one but I don't really like the Superstore. It is too crowded with people and merchandise. If I do go it is with a list of stuff printed out from the website since it can be difficult to locate what you want.

That's why I never trust google. We are at about the same % in CA, so I was surprised when I saw 4%. I didn't care enough to check other sources :lol:

So then it's even closer to my $4k estimate. 8.75% brought it to about $3800-$3950 depending on the filter and bag he purchased.

I wish I could spend that much at once. I have to pace myself or I get buyers remorse. I recently purchased the 24-70 so I am waiting a little bit for the 70-200.

Thank you all for your kind words. This is very gratifying and everyone here appreciates this.

I believe I bought my Nikon FE there 30 years ago. They had an instant credit thing going on and I walked in without money and walked out with the camera! I worked in downtown Manhattan back then and would venture into those local camera stores and didn't venture too often toward midtown but made the trip to get the camera. NYC is a great place to roam around.

Since they are closed on Saturdays that would probably be the safest day to venture into their area without worring about being lured into their store!! :lol:

Congrats on the new stuff!

Well, I have reorganized all the existing good stuff I am keeping in my new large Lowepro pack...something I will need to get used to. I now have a good start with equipment I am comfortable with.
I am glad I listened to Andrew from B&H. I was a little leary at the moment, but today I am happy with the choices and prices paid at B&H.
My biggest problem is that B&H is only 1/2 hour from me...oh well, I can live with that. ;):mrgreen:

I just spent the last 3 days reading the 7D manual and visiting most of the tuts online. I have set the camera up based on my recent shooting habits, and I plan on going out tomorrow to start shooting. I even studied the different lenses I purchased and some lighting tuts. It is amazing what all that reading can do to show one the camera's potential.

I will let you know how it goes, and post some of the shots.

I've shopped at B&H dozens of times and have consistently been well treated. Very knowledgeable sales personnel. They've always answered my questions and never tried to pressure me into buying something.

Thanks for digging up this long dead thread, instead of just starting a new one to say that. :thumbup:

The only real reason to stay from that store

Y'know, on the off chance that you may run into him.

Ugh, he sounds like such a tool. That video really irks me.

"Gosh, it's got a lot of buttons"

"The only reason for a telephoto is because you are not good enough to get closer"

Dumbass...

Anyways, that's quite a shopping cart. Congrats on all of the new gear!!

and oddly enough... the front page of HIS WEBSITE....

KR-WAP-2k.jpg

KenRockwell.com: Photography, Cameras and Taking Better Pictures

Just when you think everyones forgotten - someone links to Ken ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back