Was FX worth the upgrade to you?

i have been gearing toward a FF.I have the 24-70 sigma and the 70-200.The obligatory 50.Its bound to happen.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I did a gradual jump. First, I bought 24-70 (for my Dx). About 6mn later, bought the camera. Honestly, not looking back. I like my d300s, d90, d200 and d70s, but Fx is a different animal. Handling alone just blew me away. IQ is great, ESPECIALLY at higher ISOs.

I think it depends on need and budget.

Good Luck
J

Get the D600. Don't see your self short and have a cropped sensor and wish you had a ff. I'm never going back to cropped sensor ever again. I love the images it produces so far and haven't had too many problems with it yet.

Fortunately I switched from the D200 a couple years after buying it to the D700. I kept the D200 and a couple $K worth of lenses for a couple years saying I would use them... but never using them. I gave them away. If your serious about photography full frame is the only way to go. JD

Fortunately I switched from the D200 a couple years after buying it to the D700. I kept the D200 and a couple $K worth of lenses for a couple years saying I would use them... but never using them. I gave them away. If your serious about photography full frame is the only way to go. JD

Exactly, once you try full frame, the image quality just puts DX to shame. I thought I would keep my old D90 for the "added length" for airshows and wildlife but it didn't last, cropping the full frame image provided better IQ than shooting DX. That's the biggest improvement, not to mention low light performance, viewfinder size, build quality, wider fov, features, it's worth every penny.

Thanks everyone for the extensive feedback. I think within the next few months the d600 is in the picture for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back