Water Droplets... My Turn

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is what happens when you get bored doing dishes... How did I do?

708347425_rmm6V-L.jpg

708352618_BgqWs-L.jpg

The first looks either slightly missed focus or the shutter speed is too slow.

The second... is that a spatula?? LOL I can't tell what is going on.

It's a tough thing to nail. I'm going to try yet a third time now that I have a real macro lens, external flashes, etc. I will prevail!

One thing I have found out with shooting HSF Water:

1) Shoot more at a horizontal plane. Vertically, the water may be too high and be out of focus, even if you're shooting at f/8. The DOF on a macro is still narrow at that aperture setting. If you can use a dropped and drop where you have prefocused, you might have better results.

I like #1 the best. That thing in #2 is distracting. What is i?

~Michael~

:lol:

It's a spoon, I got bored doing the dishes. While I was watching the water drops it dawned on me (no pun intended)... grab the camera!

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, wide open.

1/200
f/2.8
ISO: 200

I had to get the shots in quick... before my wife wondered what the hell I was doing. :lol:

So did the dishes get done? :lol:

The amount of things in my life that don't get done because I think, hey I should grab my camera, is very long...

First one needs a much deeper depth of field. The correct focus is near the bottom of the water column. Below and above are out of focus. Of course you'll need much more light if you're going to stop down. As mentioned before, shooting at a 45 degree angle to vertical is difficult because of how much extra depth of field you need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back