Water Splash and Lights Views Please

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
Just took a few photos (well over 400 really!!!!) in garage and thought i would post them up for some views and pointers.

Please let me know what you think and where i am going wrong.

Light Blur!!!

DSC_0019.jpg

Water Splash

DSC_0421.jpg

I've never attempted #1 before, really. It looks like you were inside, though, and the light reflected off some of the walls onto the wall behind you. Although you were wearing black, you can still see yourself because of that reflection..If you were to move around during the exposure, you wouldn't be seen as much. The light itself looks great though. :)

The water splash one looks good as well. Your DOF is really shallow, which is fine if that's what you were going for, but it's hard to get the perfect focus on water splashing around because you don't know exactly what it's going to do. :)

Yeah we were inside for #1, to be honest it was a tester to see how it worked and what it would look like. I see what you mean about moving around to get rid of shadow of person in background. I will keep tryin different ways of shooting it to see how they turn out.

The second one was always inside and there was a shallow depth of field. It was hard to try and shoot the splash coz as you say the focus can never be set coz you never know where the splash will go, part of the fun of it though!!! This again was the first time at trying to shot water and splashes but will keep trying and hopefully get better ones as time goes on.

Glad you liked them and thanks for your comments always good to hear peoples views.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back