Waterfall C&C

makenottake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was at St. Peter's Village in PA today and stumbled up this waterfall. I only had my P&S with me, but I took a few shots. I'm planning on going back with a nicer camera with more manual settings tomorrow. Any suggestions on composition or anything else would be great!

waterfallretouch.jpg

waterfallretouch2.jpg

wow that place looks so inviting!!! i like the 2nd picture, it has like a three layer thing going on... greens rocks and then green water. nice and even. 1st one just looks like a regular tourist shot. Just my thought.

zooooooommm..........;) I would of liked to see more waterfall and less vegetation ........No pro here

It looks like your p&s is over saturating the images a bit.

I've been there and the colors in the photos are pretty spot on. ;)

Great shots. If you go back along the trails that lead from the one parking area there are lots of water shots availabe also, but I think the quarry falls are the best. When I was there and I saw that - my jaw dropped. Look forward to your next set.

Thanks so much for your comments everyone!

It looks like your p&s is over saturating the images a bit.
I'll make sure to check these pictures against one I take tomorrow to see if my p&s is over saturating the colors.

zooooooommm..........;-) I would of liked to see more waterfall and less vegetation ........No pro here
I'll try this too. The waterfall/pool area is fenced off, but people were hopping the fence to climb up the cliff, so maybe I can hop over the fence to get closer and eliminate alot of the trees.

Foreground frame?
The only thing in the foreground is a small wooden fence and any people standing around it. I'll try backing up a bit and getting them in the shot.

Great shots. If you go back along the trails that lead from the one parking area there are lots of water shots availabe also, but I think the quarry falls are the best. When I was there and I saw that - my jaw dropped
This is only the second time I've been to St. Peter's Village. The first time I was there we spent all our time on the rocks in the water behind the parking area. If I had known this amazing waterfall was there too I would have left the P&S at home and stuck with my dad's nicer camera. I'll see if I can get a tripod set up on a rock and slow my shutter speed down to make the water foggy.

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back