sarrasani

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Contax-Zeiss 18 mm. Distagon / A7r.
Monochrome rendition with a sum of flou/soft focus and general contrast AND strong micrcontrast and backlighting (I like this mix).
Enjoy them if you want. Click on the image for better quality/4k resolution.
All the best!
Sandro

_DSC5840_DxO_1.jpg

_DSC5840_DxO_2.jpg

Nice image!
I have two concerns and these are probably just personal feelings.
1. The exposure seems a tad below what would make the image pop. The background (or upper half) could be brighter.
2. Shutter speed. Seems it is between the milky smooth look and the crisp water look. The falls in the back are more milky than the close up falls. I might try a faster shutter and a slower one to see what it does.
With that wide lens the focus looks good front to back.
These are probably a bit picky but they pop up for me.

Not necessary ( a critique is a critique), but....I think you are 100% right.
only, about 1: the light was very low....I worked on curves and with filters in PP and on single colours but I was not able (and/or I didn't want, difficult to tell) to made it more brilliant.
about 2......nothing to tell, I agree with you......maybe it's time to begin with ND filters and longer exposures (here I think about 1 sec.).
Thank you much for attention and so interesting commenting, and all the best,
Sandro

Yes, An ND filter would really help for long exposure which needs trying. Also a bit shorter exposure but the real thing and I thought of this after my post is that this image is screaming 'use HDR' to me. If you don't know about HDR then research it a bit. Check the HDR section on the forum here. Also this link:
HDR Photography Software - Photo Editing Programs & Plugins - Photomatix

Yes, An ND filter would really help for long exposure which needs trying. Also a bit shorter exposure but the real thing and I thought of this after my post is that this image is screaming 'use HDR' to me. If you don't know about HDR then research it a bit. Check the HDR section on the forum here. Also this link:
HDR Photography Software - Photo Editing Programs & Plugins - Photomatix

Thank you. I know and I used many HDR software, but now I prefer to recover from the extreme zones from raw with the excellent DXO software. Less halos, artifacts, un-natural colours and harsh detail extraction than I often see with hdr editings. I think that my (humble and simple) editing of the colour image presented here is already exaggerated contrasted and detailed.....I try to preserve balance between softness/3d and detail. Surely not a master in this attempt, but with HDR I made worse things for my tastes.
All the best,
Sandro

Most reactions

New Topics

Back