Waterfalls

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by ClarkKent, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are a couple of different variations on two captures that I had gotten on one of me and SpaceNuts trips to Starved rock. Thanks for looking...C/C Welcome, and thanks for looking! :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B Kennedy

B Kennedy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just want to say that I like both images. I personally love B&W pictures and love those 2 renditions the best. I feel, especially with snow pictures, that they look so much more crisp and pristine. I really feel like the yellowish/greenish color where the water is takes away from the picture. Secondly, I prefer the slower shutter speed because it creates a nice contrast between moving water to the stagnant snow and ice. If I had to choose between the horiz/vert, I would swing for the vertical for its composition. I think the horizontal shows too much of the snow on the left hand side; the vertical gives you just enough texture and image to let your eye dance around the image. Again, great shots and thanks for sharing!!!

3. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for your feedback. Yes...I too leaned more towards the vertical image, but also wanted to show the magnitude of this little guy as well in the horizontal. I do beleive I may have overdone the yellow in the color version.

4. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To me, the vertical gives a greater sense of height, while the horizontal gives a sense of the power of the falls.

I like both the color and the B/W, the feeling for each is distinct.

5. pcacj

pcacj TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The color images are my choice. The vertical one is the better of those, in my opinion.