Waterfalls

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of different variations on two captures that I had gotten on one of me and SpaceNuts trips to Starved rock. Thanks for looking...C/C Welcome, and thanks for looking! :lol:

Waterfall.jpg

Waterfallbw.jpg

Waterfall2.jpg

Waterfall2bw.jpg

Just want to say that I like both images. I personally love B&W pictures and love those 2 renditions the best. I feel, especially with snow pictures, that they look so much more crisp and pristine. I really feel like the yellowish/greenish color where the water is takes away from the picture. Secondly, I prefer the slower shutter speed because it creates a nice contrast between moving water to the stagnant snow and ice. If I had to choose between the horiz/vert, I would swing for the vertical for its composition. I think the horizontal shows too much of the snow on the left hand side; the vertical gives you just enough texture and image to let your eye dance around the image. Again, great shots and thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you for your feedback. Yes...I too leaned more towards the vertical image, but also wanted to show the magnitude of this little guy as well in the horizontal. I do beleive I may have overdone the yellow in the color version.

To me, the vertical gives a greater sense of height, while the horizontal gives a sense of the power of the falls.

I like both the color and the B/W, the feeling for each is distinct.

The color images are my choice. The vertical one is the better of those, in my opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back