watering the garden

I know what you mean, but for me it actually adds to the story in the photo. That's the first car she ever rode in. It's the car our family uses in this part of our lives. To me the car isn't as bothersome as the apartment complex across the street, but at the same time, that is part of our neighborhood, and has it's place in this image.

I agree. I have things in my photos that don't bother me because I either know what they are, or they have meaning to me. :) I was sure you were going to respond with this ;)

Beautiful work!!! I love the frame and the square format. The lighting is very flattering. You have a strong sense of capturing the the ever present curiosity of children. To me that is what makes a great child photo. Us grownups can really learn a lot from them.

Your garden looks a lot mine. Soon it will be flourishing I can not wait!!!

craig said:
Your garden looks a lot mine. Soon it will be flourishing I can not wait!!!

This was taken in early April before I got anything put in yet. Now I've got onions(2 kinds), radishes(2kinds), beans(3kinds), dill, basil(2 kinds), blue potatoes, peppers(6 kinds), tomatoes(8 kinds), pumpkins, zucchini, water melon, carrots, and corn all growing like crazy. One of the radish varieties is already ready to eat!

They're loading fine here, too....

2 kinds of basil?? What kind? Last year my basil was terrible; all it did was sprout flowers. I picked up plain old sweet basil this year and lo and behold, saw another type of basil nearby that sported the beginnings of those godawful flowerettes. Sadly I can't remember the name of it - just beware.

Basil: it's all about the leaves! I planted 3 of them this year, just to be safe. :wink:

I'm growing sweet basil and purple basil (I can't remember the name). I pluck the little flowers when i notice them to keep the plant from going to seed.

mmm, well, be forewarned: I don't know if it's purple basil or not, but the kind that flowered continuously last year acted as if that was its MISSION in life - I was never able to control the blooming and the leaf quality was poor. Take good care of the sweet basil and you'll probably do all right.

I'm only doing sweet basil, oregano, Italian parsley & thyme for my herbs this year: tomatoes & strawberries for a crop. Not a huge garden, but I know I'll be able to take care of it, anyway. :D

Here in the high country things are a little grim as far as growing season. Our Echinacea and chives are growing an inch a day. The basil and oregano have survived and the tulips are doing well. In August and September I will have some good garden photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back