Way more than you ever wanted to know about jadin...

Hertz van Rental said:
And the TV series too.....

I remember the TV series. I also loved (completely different genre I know) James Herriot's books and the TV series they did of those.

Haha....Jadin is gonna come back and have about 1000 questions to answer...and by the time he's done answering them, he'll be near 2000 posts!

AlisonS said:
Hertz van Rental said:
And the TV series too.....

I remember the TV series. I also loved (completely different genre I know) James Herriot's books and the TV series they did of those.

Oh yeah, how did I screw that up! I acutally saw/heard those for the first time this past semester! Imagine that...

Zach :D

WHERE IS JADIN!???

Artemis said:
Can you teach me how to win a beautiful ladies heart?

Be yourself. Be spontaneous. Don't come on too strong. When the time is right let her know how you feel. Don't assume that because she's beautiful she won't go for you. All of that, plus smell good.

ferny said:
Tell us a bit about your name.

I picked it out myself.

(. . . I like to tell people that when they ask. Some don't get it right away.)

My mom wanted "Jade", but pops thought it was too 'girly', so they compromised on "Jadin". I've only met a handful of people with the same spelling older than me. But there is a wealth of people younger growing up with the same name. Will Smith named his daughter Jadin and thinks he thought it up out of nowhere. pffft!

I've always had the idea you will become your name. Every Chad I've ever known has been a huge druggie, every Tiffany I've ever known has the high school prom queen essense. And unique names have always been unique people, for better or worse.

Hertz van Rental said:
The point of setting up your own thread is so you can spam and get your posts up - not set one up and then bugger off. Whatever were you thinking? :LOL:

What's the words I'm looking for. Oh yeah... Eat me!

I went to bed after a few hours, not everyone sleeps at the same time as you. ;)

Bokeh said:
Why are you so race-sensitive?

Because we fought a bloody war over race.
Because people were lynched over race.
Many of which happened less than 40-50 years ago.
Because racism is still highly prevelant today.
Because I was inadvertantly taught racism at a young age, and now strive to undo it.

An article I wrote about racism:

"I went fishing with my buddy last week..."; "The new girl at my work is so hot..."; "This gorgeous black woman gave me her number last night..."; STOP! One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong.

At first it might seem like any other adjective used to describe something or someone. But if you look closer, this one little adjective can mean a whole lot. First off, do you use adjectives to describe others the same way? "This gorgeous white woman gave me her number last night..."; You do? Good. Then no problem. If you don't, why use an adjective to describe one person's skin color, and not anyone else's?

I've thought about this entanglement for a long time now, and the two best answers I've come up with are this: 1) You are proud that you are free to date, converse, mingle, with someone of another skin tone. You are trying to prove that you are not prejudice, that you are open-minded. Are you? 2) When someone says "My friend..." our beautiful brains conjure up an image of a person. Our natural instinct is to conjure up an image of someone who looks like us. So when that person says "My friend..." and they don't want us to assume the skin color you've probably already chosen, they add an adjective to 'fix' our imagined picture. It's this fixing that bothers me. I can only think of negative reasons and/or results to adding this adjective to one group of people and not others.

core_17 said:
Why are you so damn good at those industrial night shots? :)

I'm pretty sure because I enjoy them so much myself. You've got to take photos of what you love. When you do you try very hard to show people what you see in your subject(s).

Being a night owl doesn't hurt. There's just something 'magical' about driving around at 3 - 4 in the morning. So very few people are out and about it's like you have the whole city to yourself. It's serene, quiet, peaceful, and highly comforting. All of that manifests in my shots. Daytime is so overrated. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back