We were kicked out of the beach...

Even public property may charge day-use fees.

True, especially so over on your side of the pond. But in my experience if there are charges that usually means there are rangers or lifeguards and rules and regulations that can be vague and nitpicky but enforceable in court. In those circumstances lifeguards may have authority and telling them to "Foxtrot Oscar" can have legal penalties that could end in a record... In my opinion not worth it.

The photos you posted appear to be completely innocent. So what was it that inspired the lifeguard to ask you to leave the property?

Beautiful work!
You should have "accidently" set your flash off in her eyes, on high, set to a narrow beams! :fangs:
This is just sad that so many people have such body hang ups. I am sorry you had to deal with this scum bag.
We should all go leave them a bad Yelp review! :biggrin-93:

The photos you posted appear to be completely innocent. So what was it that inspired the lifeguard to ask you to leave the property?
Agreed. Completely clothed, no crotch or breast groping, nothing is exposed besides arms and legs, and while the posing is a little bit provocative, it's nothing that would come anywhere close to being traumatic or inappropriate for kids. Sounds like the lifeguard was a major prude and on a power trip.

While I agree that the work is well done and hardly erotic, I would submit that doing a shoot like this on a public beach isn't really appropriate, if for no other reason than you're likely to have a bunch of looky-loos getting in the way. First and foremost, @cauzimme, did you have permission to shoot there? Had you determined whether or not permission and/or permits were required? It may have been a public beach, but if there's a life guard there, someone's paying his/her salary, and they probably have rules about what goes on at the beach. Further, while it's easy to castigate the prudish life guard, how do you know that he would not have acted in the same manner had you or your friend simply been languishing around the beach in the same manner without a camera? It's also possible, likely even, that one or more members of the public complained, and he was simply doing his job. To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, the needs desires of the many outweigh the needs desires of the few.

I agree it's unfortunate that you couldn't finish your shoot, but it's also important to remember that being a photographer does not give one rights over others, and just because you wanted to shoot in that location at that time, does not mean that you should be able to.

While I agree that the work is well done and hardly erotic, I would submit that doing a shoot like this on a public beach isn't really appropriate, if for no other reason than you're likely to have a bunch of looky-loos getting in the way. First and foremost, @cauzimme, did you have permission to shoot there? Had you determined whether or not permission and/or permits were required? It may have been a public beach, but if there's a life guard there, someone's paying his/her salary, and they probably have rules about what goes on at the beach. Further, while it's easy to castigate the prudish life guard, how do you know that he would not have acted in the same manner had you or your friend simply been languishing around the beach in the same manner without a camera? It's also possible, likely even, that one or more members of the public complained, and he was simply doing his job. To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, the needs desires of the many outweigh the needs desires of the few.

I agree it's unfortunate that you couldn't finish your shoot, but it's also important to remember that being a photographer does not give one rights over others, and just because you wanted to shoot in that location at that time, does not mean that you should be able to.

You are right, there is a very high chance that some prude parent thought this was going to turn every child there into a sex maniac, and complained to the prude lifeguard. When 99% of the people there could have probably not given a dang about the photo shot! The lifeguard definitely should have let this go once the shoot went to yoga poses.
But you know how it is, the jerks of the world have the biggest mouths!!!

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, the needs desires of the many outweigh the needs desires of the few
"“Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.” :biggrin-93:

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, the needs desires of the many outweigh the needs desires of the few
"“Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.” :biggrin-93:

Actually, it's Spock that both starts and finishes it.

Spock: "It is logical the needs of the many outweigh......"
Kirk: ".... the needs of the few."
Spock: "Or the one."

Actually, it's Spock that both starts and finishes it.

Spock: "It is logical the needs of the many outweigh......"
Kirk: ".... the needs of the few."
Spock: "Or the one."

That's what I thought, then I looked it up to make sure I had it right, and they had it the other way. So I figured I was wrong, and I needed to watch the movie again! :D

I think the person was objecting to the girls behavior. Young girls these days have a tendency to go overboard, which is inappropriate in front of young children. If you would just promise to calm the girls down I am guessing they would not object.

I think the person was objecting to the girls behavior. Young girls these days have a tendency to go overboard, which is inappropriate in front of young children. If you would just promise to calm the girls down I am guessing they would not object.

They did and still got kicked out.

Things like these make me glad that I live in a Free Country. Just be thankful that the new Republic of Gilead did not make you completely cover up.

Most reactions

Back